The Babbling Buddha Meditation Hostel is located
at Dorje Ling Dharma Centre.
A rustic retreat centre and community resource, Dorje Ling is surrounded by forest and mountains, with ocean beaches and warm lakes nearby. It is a quiet and serene place to relax, meditate, listen to the birds, gaze at the forest panorama, and simply BE.
Accommodations are rustic and “hostel style:
• please bring your own bedding and pillowcase or sleeping bag, and towel
• beds are dorm-style; mostly single and up to three per room
• a cabin may be available for families, if booked ahead- bring own bedding
• camping on grass or wooden camping platforms (if reserved ahead)
• full kitchen access (with fridge, stove, microwave, pots etc.) , hot outdoor showers, library, wifi, and meditation hall use are included
• meat cooking and eating is permitted
• we supply basic condiments (spices, cooking oil, soya sauce, spices, tea)
• water is excellent for drinking! no need to bring your own
• toilets are outdoor and primitive
• an organic food store, a grocery store, and a couple of cafés are in nearby Mansons Landing
• rooms are not heated, so bring slippers and warm clothes in case of rainy or cool weather
• terrain is uneven and there are many stairs – may be challenging for physical restrictions
• it gets very dark here – bring a flashlight!
• bring waterproof footwear for tromping around
COST is $10 per person per night for tenting (on tent platforms or grass), or $15 per person per night for bed in shared room. Children age 5-10 half price. Maximum stay is seven days.
SPACE IS LIMITED – PLEASE BOOK AHEAD: 250-935-6952, leave a message. If no response try firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: phone is the best way to contact Dorje Ling directly.
Amenities on Cortes Island
Food may be purchased at the grocery store or the organic food coop in Mansons Landing. Cortes Island also has a motel, ATM, bike shop and rentals, and several restaurants and B&B’s.
Attractions of Cortes Island
-hiking, cycling (bike rentals available if none at the Hostel), ocean and lake swimming, and kayaking (kayak rentals available at Squirrel Cove)
-Farmers Market every Friday afternoon in Mansons Landing featuring locally produced produce, crafts, and snacks
-Linnaea Farm sustainable farming school and Land Trust www.linnaeafarm.org
-Hollyhock Retreat Centre (located a few kms from Dorje Ling) day passes and presenter evenings – www.hollyhock.ca
-for more info about Cortes Island visit www.cortesisland.com